Friday, May 20, 2011

Garden update

As many of you know this is my first year I have ever done a garden. I have had the garden in full swing for about a month now and I am loving it! It is a lot of work but if you keep up the weeds (which holy cow, they come up fast), it isn't to bad. My favorite part is going out to the garden everyday with Andrew and seeing how our vegetables are coming along and how they have grown! He saw our peas tonight and he said "WOW, are those the peas? Those peas are getting huuuge!" I love seeing him get just as excited about the vegetables as I do. In my garden I have lettuce, onion, sugar snap peas, sweet pepper, cucumber, roma tomatoes, better boy tomatoes, basil, mint (Thanks Eric, it is looking awesome and I can't wait to make some mint syrup!), chives, cilantro, oregano and a blueberry bush (Thanks Mom! It's not looking as sad anymore). Hope you enjoy my updated garden pictures (please pay no attention to the weeds we just got back from a weekend away for work and I didn't get a chance to pull before I took the pictures :) ) !!

 Full view of garden!

 Mint 

 Chives

 Basil

 Herb pots

 Sugar Snap Peas

 Cucumber

 Pepper

 Onion

 Better boy tomatoes

 Roma tomatoes

 Blueberry bush







No comments:

Post a Comment