Friday, April 29, 2011

My first garden!

I did it, I have started my first garden. The rain has finally ended so I could get our yummy veggies planted, and the best part is Andrew loves to help in the garden! We have talked about doing a garden for a while now and it has become our special spring/summer project together! So far I have planted onions, sugar snap peas ( so excited for these to come in!), lettuce and spinach. More to come very soon! 


Planting our peas! I have to add that the gloves Andrew is wearing were the highlight of his Easter basket!  I think this garden is going to get him and I to eat more vegetables. Everything tastes better coming from a garden rather than the grocery store right!?



My other project was lifting all of our paver stones and moving them somewhere new so we can start our new deck. Every stone we lifted there was a new wiggly, crawling surprise. Ants, fire ants, worms and grubs! 


And who doesn't love to climb to a tree! We don't have many trees to climb in our yard, so... 


He needed a little help from Grandma to get all the way up. I am surprised this turned out, we were laughing so hard I could barely take the picture! 







No comments:

Post a Comment