Saturday, April 9, 2011

My Inner Martha!

Since I have started thinking about starting my own blog I thought I would start checking out other blogs, mostly craft blogs. I got the craft bug really quick seeing all of the cute ideas. I am now trying to channel my inner Martha Stewart. I never really spent much time on crafts and if i did I didn't have much interest in them. Until now!

A few days ago, I got my list together, Andrew and I got in the car and started heading towards Joann Fabrics and Pat Catan's. Andrew was in heaven, he loved the craft stores! Who needs toys when you have felt, glue, scissors, paper and markers?!

My first project I saw was a Balloon wreath. It is super easy and super cute to make. All you need is a straw wreath (leave the plastic on so you don't have to worry about loose straw everywhere), floral pins and balloons. I will give you a head up, it took about 250 balloons to make this wreath. Really cute though right?!  Perfect for every kids birthday party!


Here is the link if you want to try it for your kids birthday! http://www.twomoreseconds.com/2010/09/celebration-balloon-wreath-tutorial.html

On the same blog I found another craft for felt pom pom flower thingamabbobs. Love the name! :) These were meant to be made and put on a wreath project (which i will be doing soon, very excited!), but instead I put a pin back on them and made a flower pin! A little secret.... a may be making one of these of all of the girls in my family to wear on Easter! Here is the link if you want to try this craft, http://mrspriss.com/2011/02/03/tutorial-felt-pom-pom-flower-thingamabobs/


While I was feeling crafty I thought I would do one more that day. I decorated egg shells! Before you start drawing poke a hole in each end of the egg, one hole a little bigger than the other and blow the whites and yolk out of the egg. I want to use these every year as a decoration and I don't want a rotten egg. I will warn you it is not easy to blow the egg out. You may need some help as I asked my husband to help me. It looks weird and is kind of gross, but end result is really neat!



On the blog where I found this idea the woman used a black sharpie on hers, but I wanted to add color to mine. Either way looks really cool! Hope you enjoy these crafts, if you make these let me know I would love to see how yours turned out too! More fun crafts to come as I continue to channel my inner Martha Stewart! 

No comments:

Post a Comment